Sunday 5 June 2011

Buttons, and playing with play dough...

When I was a little girl, I loved my play dough. When I was a bigger girl, I was allowed to have Fimo and Mum would bake it for me. I must've been pretty spectacularly crap at it because not one of these creations exists today!

Recently, a friend got in touch to tell me she was placing an order for polymer clay buttons, and was there anything I'd like so we could save on postage. That got me thinking about the "good old days" of making a mess with plasticine...

So, I collected myself a few little bits I'd need


as well as a few odd looks from the cat... Here we have a rolling pin, a teeny weeny cookie/icing cutter, and a 2mm crochet hook, all neatly on a tray so I can sit my fat backside on the sofa :D

I rolled out my polymer clay (Sculpey, in this instance) and cut out some flowers...



Then I make some holes to sew through with the crochet hook (there had to be a crochet hook) and popped my little proto-buttons onto a baking tray. Fifteen minutes later I have buttons! Now to make some stuff to sew them onto...


Mille the cat is, however, still thoroughly unimpressed...

No comments:

Post a Comment