Thursday 23 June 2011

Ooh, naughty!

I freely admit to a cheeky side, so I thought I'd share a cheeky pattern with anyone who's reading. Pasties [pay-stees] or nipple tassles <snigger> All I can say is that I've been inspired by watching Miss Cherry Pop (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Cherry-Pop/137150578933) and her troupe of Burlesque dancers when they appeared at my local Pub recently!


Ch2, 7htc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to join (7sts)
Ch 1, dc in each st around, sl st to join (7sts)
Ch 1, 2htc in each st around, sl st to join (14sts)
Ch 1, *2htc in next st, htc in next st* repeat around, sl st to join (21sts)
Ch 1, *2htc in next st, htc in next 2 sts* repeat around, sl st to join (28sts)
Ch 1, *2htc in next st, htc in next 3 sts* repear around, sl st to join (35sts)

Make 2, and if they're a bit small just add another row or two of increases.

I finished mine with tassles and handmade buttons (£1.50 for 3, available from me!).

To make tassles:

Swear at the TV/cat/husband with two fingers. Wrap wool around the outside of your fingers 20 or so times.



Cut off from ball of wool and cut through the thickness at one end, keeping the wool folded. Then cut a long length (9" or so) of wool and tie it about half an inch from the fold.



Tie in a reef knot then sew to your pastie. Or use to try and impress Little Miss Too-Much-Effort...



I'd love to see if you make some, I got hours of hilarity out of posting pictures of mine on FaceBook!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya - I found your blog on the Mumsnet thread. It's awesome! I love the picture of your cat on this post! x

    ReplyDelete